Introduction to DDD, CQRS and Event sourcing
This course covers the essential building blocks of Domain-Driven Design, Command-Query Responsibility Separation and Event Sourcing concepts.
Understand the solid foundations needed to build complex, distributed and scalable Java systems.
The goal of this course is to prepare you to develop applications using Axon. It is a general overview of the underlying key architectural principles.
Throughout this course you will discover:
- What is DDD as well as how it helps design better applications
- What is Domain Model and how to build one using Entities, Value Objects, Aggregates and other design concepts
- When separating Commands from Queries makes sense as well as why one model does not fit them all
- The often underestimated business value of storing Events over storing State.
- What does it take to move from traditional approaches to DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing and why it's worth it
Course completion criteria
Attend all lessons
Award for course completion